BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
INTRODUCTION TO RISK ZA GROUP
As you might already have discovered while browsing this website, Risk ZA Group (PTY) Ltd. is a South African company offering corporate governance solutions.
At Risk ZA we have spent the last 10 years offering both advice on good corporate governance, legal compliance, director’s responsibilities, and corporate social responsibility strategies – using the guidance of management standards developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Corporate governance is the process whereby top management makes decisions to achieve performance in an organisation whilst dealing effectively with potential risks. Governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) management has therefore become the new way of delivering sustainable business performance.
Because of the changes that have been made by ISO, in regard to restructuring their range of management system standards, we not only train and consult on enterprise-wide risk management, based on ISO 31000 but also offer support through a range of risk mitigation services now central to all ISO management system standards.
This approach has been taken to deal with the fact that ISO management system standards demand that this requirement is satisfied within section 6 of the new High-Level Structure (ISO Directive 1 Annex SL) into which all ISO management system standards are written.
Whilst Risk ZA specialises in compliance consulting, software, and training solutions across all sectors, we are most frequently asked to assist in the disciplines of:
- Quality Management
- Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Food Safety Management
- Management of Regulated Medical Devices
- Laboratory Management
- Road Traffic Safety Management
- Energy Management
INTRODUCTION TO OUR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Social development takes on many forms, but few improve the value proposition for both recipient and donor. The proverb ‘give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime’ is why uplifting small businesses is such a solid social development strategy.
A Business Development Programme has been specifically designed by Risk ZA to meet the demands of a fast-emerging economy. It is our view that whilst southern Africa’s emerging market is reliant on small business development for success, too few emerging businesses have the business tools to succeed.
Through circumstance and the need for tremendous effort to develop and sustain a small business, it is not unusual for some to have disorganised record keeping, informal business systems and inconsistent business processes. Because of these and other weaknesses, smaller enterprises are perceived as high-risk organisations. Consequently, investors and prospective customers are hesitant to enter relationships with them.
It is precisely this challenge that the Business Development Programme is designed to overcome. The capacity building service is inexpensive and the process relatively simple, the consequences of following the process and the value of the related returns for all parties is significant. The confidence it brings and the solid foundation it develops for sustained growth is a compelling reason to follow this option.
The programme is focused on developing the organisation’s Quality Management System. By using a risk-based approach the foundation for a sustainable business is developed. Success is measured by using the prestigious ISO 9001:2015 international quality management standard. Gaining certification provides assurance and credibility, thus removing potential barriers to trade.
What is unique to this programme is the speed with which the organisation achieves certification.
The Business Development Programme is based on our combined experience of training tens of thousands of individuals and facilitating the certification of numerous organisations to various ISO management system standards. The focus is on creating appropriate organisational behaviour, through the use of various change management techniques, delivered by coaching, mentoring and training.
As stated by ISO: “to lead and operate an organization successfully, it is necessary to direct and control it in a systematic and transparent manner. Success can result from implementing and maintaining a management system that is designed to continually improve performance while addressing the needs of all interested parties. Managing an organization encompasses quality management amongst other disciplines.”
The Business Development Programme takes clients through 3-phases.
- The first phase is based on 4 x 4-hour meetings, delivered over an 8-week period. The phase is concluded with an external audit of implemented management arrangements – an ISO 9001 certificate is issued based on a successful outcome of the clauses audited.
- The second phase delivers the tangible evidence that the business processes are being brought under a significant level of consistency. This phase takes 6-months and ends with a second audit and a new ISO 9001 certificate for the extended scope of conformance.
- The third and final phase prepares the organisation for independent third-party certification, over a 16-week duration.
Each phase of development is audited against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System – requirements. A certificate is awarded for a successful audit outcome, indicating which clauses are certified. Each certificate has an expiry date of six months from the date of issue.
Final certification is performed by an independent third-party certification body, the fee for which is not included in this programme.
The Business Development Programme is targeted at a small organisation willing to work towards third party ISO 9001 certification within a defined period. Unwavering commitment and willingness to work hard at achieving the agreed objective is mandatory. Business types may vary but entry to the programme is at the sole discretion of the management of Risk ZA Group.
DURATION, VENUE & TIMING
The Business Development Programme is run over a period of no more than twelve months but usually much less. A large portion of the support offered is virtual however, some meetings, by necessity, require that the facilitator work at the client’s site. The timing of each session and overall duration of the scheme is by agreement of all parties but shall not exceed the deadline of 12 months from the date of the client order.
The client is required to obtain a copy of the ISO 9000 series of standards including:
- ISO 9000 Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO 9001 Quality management systems – Requirements
These or the equivalent SANS standard may be purchased from the local branch of the South African Bureau of Standards.
COST OF PROGRAMME
A deposit is payable on the placement of the order. Thereafter, a debit order payment will be arranged to accommodate 12 monthly instalments.
[Once we have received your enquiry, a Business Solutions Consultant will be allocated to you. This member of the Risk ZA team will provide you with a fair and accurate quotation for current pricing.]
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
The following services and products are provided as part of the Business Development Programme:
- Professional guidance by a Registered Lead Auditor current in the field of ISO 9001:2015 third-party certification auditing.
- Documentation that is needed by ISO 9001 as well as other useful procedures, registers, and forms that are based on best practice but may be amended to best fit the organisation.
- Planning procedure, Risk and Opportunity Register, Risk Matrix and Management Plan Template
- Corrective Action procedure, associated register and form
- Control of documented information procedure, master list, Policy template, Procedure template, Work Instruction template, Form template
- Internal audit procedure, Audit Plan, Audit Schedule, Audit Checklist, Audit Finding Sheet, Audit Report template, Corrective Action Request
- Management Review Procedure, Management Review Agenda
- Purchasing procedure, Purchase Order Form, Vendor Approval Form
- Calibration Procedure, Register and equipment record.
- Job description template
- Communication matrix
- Change management procedure and forms, Skills and Training Development Matrix
- Awareness training material
- Training that includes the appropriate parts of our long-respected training courses:
- Introduction & Overview, self-study
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, self-study
- ISO 9001 Internal and Supplier Auditor training course
- Use of SIMPLEX document control software during the Business Development Programme. Includes training and multi-user registration.
- Certification after successful audit outcome for each phase.
- Monthly online maintenance – consulting service
- Biannual internal system audits
- Performance of supplier audits
- Monitoring of corrective and preventive action systems
- Facilitation of process improvement workshops
- Facilitation of management review meetings
- Facilitation of the development of measuring systems, including statistical techniques
- Post-programme use of SIMPLEX document control software
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Risk ZA’s Standard Terms and Conditions apply. This detail can be obtained directly from a Risk ZA Business Solutions Consultant.
START THE PROCESS TODAY!
Complete the form below to indicate your current set-up.
The form will be sent through to our team members who will then be able to contact you regarding the best solution for you!